You should .
One of the key things you can do to keep a safe WordPress site is to frequently update it.
- Stability: Updates for WordPress include bug patch fixes and other problem areas. When you installed the recent updates, your site is more stable.
- New features: By running the recent version you have access to the latest features and functionality, making WordPress continuously improving.
Follow the following steps to update WordPress:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- The dashboard shows the amount of updates in a Red Circle when updates are available. For instance, the following WordPress installation has two updates available:
- Click Updates. WordPress displays any updates available for the WordPress core installation, plugins, and themes:
- WordPress, click Upgrade Automatically.
- Plugins, Choose the plugin you would like to update and then click Update Plugins.
- Themes, select the theme or themes that you would like to update, and then press the Update Themes.