Connect SQL Database using SQL Server
Before you start, make sure you have created a database in your hosting account. To connect to your SQL database using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS),
Please follow the steps listed below:
- Firstly, Open SQL Server Management Studio, the Connect to Server window will open. Select/enter the following:
- Server Type: Database Engine
- Server Name: [The SQL server name can be found in the Welcome message]
- Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
- Login: [Enter your database username, this is the username you chose when you created your database]
- Password: [Enter your database password, this is the password you chose when you created your database]
2. Secondly, Click Connect, and you will be connected to the SQL server.
3. Thirdly, click the plus (+) sign next to Databases to expand the view, and then click the plus (+) sign next to your username to view the objects in your account.
4. Next, please visit the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio for more and further information.
The article explains “What is SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)?”, its component, and more.
5. Lastly, you can also read the tutorial articles- Quickstart: Connect to and query a SQL Server instance by using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) from the link below.
Now you have learned about connecting SQL database using SQL server, you may also read more articles on the topic Database (MS SQL & MySQL).