Email Settings in Outlook 2013
This short tutorial provides the settings for cPanel email account in Microsoft Outlook 2013. Follow these simple steps to configure your email account in Outlook 2013. You must first log into your cPanel to create the email account.
In addition, these settings are similar in older versions of Outlook as well if you are familiar with the interface to add new account.
How To Add Email Account
1. Firstly, Click FILE on the menu.
2. Secondly, Click on the button [+ Add Account].
3. Thirdly, Check the Manual setup or additional server types and click [ Next ] button.
4. Next, Select POP or IMAP and click [ Next ] button.
5. After that, enter the data you generated in cPanel for your email account:
- Your Name: This is the name you want to use for yourself.
- Email Address: This is the email address that you created in cPanel. It is in a format like [email protected]
- Account Type: POP3 (select POP3 if you want to download email to your computer, select IMAP if you want to keep emails on the server and want to access it from other computers as well. Using IMAP will use more disk space and it will keep growing as more emails are stored on the server).
- Incoming mail server: you can find this in your cPanel under Configure Email Account screen.
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): same as incoming mail server above from Configure Email Account screen in cPanel.
- User Name: Your email address again in the format of [email protected]
- Password: Your email password.
6. Next, click [ More Settings ] button and continue.
7. After that, click on Outgoing Server tab.
Then, select the check box My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
And select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
8. Next, Click the Advanced tab and enter the values below:
Incoming server(POP3): 995
In addition, Select This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
Outgoing server (SMTP): 465
Lastly, Click [ OK ] and Click [ Next ] and this will test incoming/outgoing server for email and finish setting up the account in Outlook 2013.