HOW TO: Enable/Disable SpamAssassin
What is SpamAssasin?
SpamAssassin is a free anti-spam tool comes with all cPanel and WHM installations to filter out incoming email on a server side basis.
SpamAssassin works for all email accounts in cPanel. It can be used to mark spam messages, so you can easily notify them. You can also choose to set up the SpamAssassin to automatically delete any spam emails.
We recommend to activate SpamAssassin as soon as you create an email account or log in for the first time.
To Enable/Disable SpamAssassin
- Log into cPanel.
- Next, click the SpamAssassin icon in the Mail section.
- In the gray box, click Enable SpamAssassin to enable; or click Disable SpamAssassin to disable.
**You will receive a confirmation message on the next page, depending on the option you selected, stated that SpamAssassin was either enabled or disabled.
Spam Score Limit
- Click Configure SpamAssassin under SpamAssassin Configuration.
- In the required_score field, enter your preferred value.
- Lastly, click Save at the bottom of the page.
**The changes will be applied to all email accounts in your cPanel.
User Level Filtering
To enable individual email account filtering:
- First, log into webmail.
- Create a folder named spam and exit webmail.
- In the Mail section of cPanel, select User Level Filtering.
- Click on Manage Filters next to the appropriate user.
- Select Create a New Filter. You will be redirected to a new page.
- In the Filter Name field, enter a name for the filter.
- Under Rules, select Spam Status from the drop-down menu.
Note: If this option is not available, make sure that Spam Assassin is enabled.
- In the adjacent drop-down menu, select begins with.
- Next, type the word Yes in the blank box below the drop-down menus.
- Under Actions, select Deliver to folder.
- Click Browse and select the “spam” folder.
- Lastly, click Create.