Configuring Outlook 2011 for Mac
Create a New Email Account
1. Firstly, go to Outlook > Preferences.
2. Secondly, click Accounts under Personal Settings section.
3. Select Other email for the account type.
4. Enter your email address, password and other details.
5. After that, enter your username, select account type (IMAP is preferred), and enter the associated server data. Then, click Add Account.
6. Your account is ready to send and receive emails. You will need to adjust the outgoing mail server settings to make sure the sending function is working.
7. Go to More Options and select Use input server.
8. Lastly, click OK.
Enable SMTP Authentication
Once the account has been created, you will need to enable SMTP Authentication.
1. Firstly, open the Tools menu.
2. Then, click Accounts.
3. Next, click Email Account.
4. Click More options.
5. From the Authentication drop-down menu, choose Use Incoming Server Info.
6. Lastly, click Ok.