How Scanpst.exe helps repair to Corrupt Outlook PST File
If Microsoft Outlook or similar without Exchange Server is used, data (Personal Folders) stored in PST files. These files contain all email, contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, etc. Sometimes you will receive some sort of error while running Microsoft Outlook or something more worsen is going on like Outlook has prohibited access of PST file. In all these scenarios, one tool called Scanpst.exe helps repair to Corrupt Outlook PST File.
Locate Inbox Repair Tool in your machine
So, you need not be equal to panic if your Outlook reports an error. We tell you how it comes close to the tool and how it works.
Before anything else, I mean before directly jumping into this all stuff, you must have apparent knowledge that where does this Inbox Repair Tool exist in your machine and then we would head ahead on its execution. To put it another word, I am simply going to prepend the required information (location of scanpst.exe) before the secondary one (execution).
32-bit Windows – C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice16
64-bit Outlook – C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice16
32-bit Windows – C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice15
64-bit Outlook – C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice15
32-bit Windows – C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14
64-bit Outlook – C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14
32-bit Windows – C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice12
64-bit Window – C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OfficeOffice12
Repair The PST File
1) Firstly, assign the field, the path & file name of the Outlook Data (.pst) File to be scanned or repaired.
2) Now, assign a path at where the resultant PST file would be saved by Scanpst.exe.
3) Hit on start to initiate the scanning process. Remember, your PST file is undergoing a scan and it is not sure how much time it will take in completion.
4) Once, the process is completed create a backup of the scanned PST file by choosing “backup of scanned file before repairing create” option. This creates a .bak file of your entire scanned Outlook Data File, which mostly proved to be useful in case of data loss or when your scanpst.exe does not provide the expected outcome.
5) Then, have a look of numbers of items present in Outlook PST file and numbers of errors detected by scanpst.exe.
6) Click on Repair button and finally begin the repairing process. This process may take time as it depends on the size of PST file. For instance, if you run a test on 2GB PST file, then it will hardly take 2 minutes. On the other hand, if a 10GB PST file is being processing via Inbox Repair Tool, then there is no guarantee about entire process and time consumption.
7) Lastly, when the scanpst.exe end up the repairing process and ask you to check the location where it would has saved the PST file. Go to that location and try to import or open the repaired Outlook Data File in Microsoft Outlook.