How to setup your remote access key in WHM
A remote access key is what’s needed if you want to have a script automatically connect to your WHM for the purposes of creating new accounts, deleting accounts, etc.
- Firstly, log into WHM.
- Next, click Setup Remote Access Key.
- Then, the remote access key is a random series of alphanumeric characters. If you copy this key and paste it into a script that’s designed to connect to WHM, you’ll be able to have that script perform tasks that you would normally have to login to WHM to do.
- After that, you may need to reset your remote access key when setting up a new script.
- Then, scroll down a little.
- Lastly, click the Generate New Key button.
- The remote access key has been reset, and is shown at the bottom.