Installing VestaCP to your Linux VPS
- A Linux Server
- Root password for your server
Step 1. Connecting to Linux VPS
- Firstly, open the Putty software.
- Secondly, enter your hostname/IP address in the Host Name (or IP address) text area.
- Choose SSH for the connection type.
- Then, click ‘Open’. A command prompt will pop up.
- The command prompt will show something like “login as: “. Just type “root” and press enter.
- After that, it will ask for the password. Just type your password and press enter. Note: Your password will not appear in the command prompt.
- After the process finishes, the command prompt will show this:
Step 2. Install VestaCP
- Open any browser and search for vestacp.com.
- Next, click “Install” from the web page header.
- Then, scroll down to ‘ADVANCED INSTALL SETTING’.
- Under the ADVANCED INSTALL SETTING, choose apache for WEB, proftpd for FTP, and choose no for the SOFTACULOUS if you haven’t subscribed to softaculous. For the MAIL, DNS, Firewall and DB, just left it as default.
- Scroll down until you see the green box. Copy the bold text under the #Download Installation Script and paste it on the command prompt. Press enter.
- Next, copy the bold text under the #Run it and paste again on the command prompt. Press enter.
- Wait it to process until the command show this: “Would you like to continue [y/n]: ”
- After that, enter your admin email address.
- Lastly, when the command prompt show this: “Please enter FQDN hostname [youremail]: “, just press enter.
- The installation process will take about 15 minutes to complete.
- After the process is complete, the command prompt will provide you a link, username and password. Save the details.
Step 3. Login to VestaCP
- Firstly, open the link given in your browser.
- Then enter your username and password given into the login page.
- You have successfully login to your VestaCP.
For more detailed instruction, watch the video below or click to watch the video on Youtube.