Before you attempt to connect, make sure you have created a database in your hosting account. To connect to your SQL database using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS),
follow the steps listed below:
- Firstly, Open SQL Server Management Studio, the Connect to Server window will open. Select/enter the following:
- Server Type: Database Engine
- Server Name: [The SQL server name can be found in the Welcome message]
- Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
- Login: [Enter your database username, this is the username you chose when you created your database]
- Password: [Enter your database password, this is the password you chose when you created your database]
2. Secondly, Click Connect and you will be connected to the SQL server.
3. Thirdly, click the plus (+) sign next to Databases to expand the view, and then click the plus (+) sign next to your username to view the objects in your account.
4. Next, please visit the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio for more information.
5. Tutorials on SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)